Thursday, March 22, 2012

My favorite photographer


Kurt Ross                                                                     Allyssa Carney
   For my report I picked Kurt Ross to do it on. I picked Kurt because I looked at his photos and saw that he took a lot of pictures of nature. I felt like I connected with his photos because I love to take pictures of nature. I really liked his picture of nature, I thought they were beautiful. He takes pictures of skies, mountains, fields, and trees. Living in Wisconsin I love taking pictures of trees, in our forests; fields, normally with cows or horses in them; skies, sitting out in our boat; and mountains, around here hills in the fields. His pictures aren’t unique as some photographers, but yet I like his photos. He travels a lot for his pictures. He has traveled to places like, Niagara Falls, New York state, Rocky Mountains, and Wyoming. I think he is very talented. I don’t think that he edits his pictures and if he does only a little bit. One thing that he has said was “Any path through life that did not involve art was impossible.” I think that is true because if I didn’t have a camera to take pictures with I wouldn’t be able to express myself as well. He started out with normal art things that we think of like drawing and painting and then discovered photography. He does photography to express his creativity. Kurt published his photos through Masterworks. Masterworks became a business in 1984. His pictures are put on posters, notecards, postcards, and unlimited printing editions. He has won numerous awards for his artistic photos. He has some of his work in an art gallery in Buffalo, New York and has had his photos in the Sierra Club Calendars. He has done and had so many accomplishments in his life and I hope I have as many as him. 
309 words 



No comments:

Post a Comment