Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Composition

This past weekend our assignment was composition. We had to take pictures that had to do with the rule of thirds, diagonal lines, curved lines, leading lines, and horizontal lines.
This picture was for horizontal lines. The tiles make up the lines. These are the stairs at the church I go to. I converted the picture to black and white. I don't know why, but for some reason i like this picture. Maybe its because its just a simple picture. I wish i would have had the camera a little bit more straight.
Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.2 mm
ISO Speed: 100

This picture is for leading lines. The lines take you eyes up to the top but then you can't see what is up there because it is dark. I converted this picture to black and white. I wish there wasn't a gap in between  the blinds where the light shines in because i think it distracts peoples eyes too much.
Shutter: 1/162
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.2 mm
ISO Speed: 100

This picture is for the curved line. All the decorations and the lamp all together make repeating curved lines. I adjusted the lighting a bit and then changed the hue so that the light would be pink. For some reason I like it pink.
Shutter: 1/220
Aperture: f/3.8
Focal Length: 10.7 mm
ISO Speed: 100
 This picture is for diagonal lines. I saw this flag at church and the way its set up an just hanging there the lines on it became diagonal. I converted this to black and white and then decided I liked it better in color.
Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.2 mm
ISO Speed: 50
This picture is for the two thirds rule. This picture isn't one of my favorites because on the position I am in and the way my dog is in.
Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/5.2
ISO Speed: 200
Focal Length: 18.6 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment